This is a nice feature in theory, but in practice it can result in a message denying access even if you are using an administrator account. However, you can solve this problem by disabling user account control.
Once you disable user account control, the problem should be solved and everything should work again.
3. Try to run the application as an administrator
- Find the application for which you get the Access Denied message.
- Right-click on the application and select Run as administrator.
After that, the application should start. If this method works, you can change the application’s settings so that it always runs with administrator privileges. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Find the application causing the problem, right click on it and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab and select the Run this program as administrator check box. Now click Apply and OK to save your changes.
If the Access Denied message appears when you try to run a particular app, you can resolve the issue by simply trying to run the problematic app with administrator privileges in Windows 10.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
The application is then always started with administrator rights. Keep in mind that this is not the most reliable solution, but it may work for some users.
Access to a Windows computer is denied? You can do something about it with this simple guide!
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Now locate the process in Windows Explorer, right click on it and select End Task from the menu.
- Now go to File > Execute new command.
- Type Explorer and select the Create this task with administrator privileges check box. Now click on OK.
Windows Explorer will then start up with administrator rights and you will have access to the desired location on your PC.
If you cannot access the folder as an administrator, try running Windows Explorer as an administrator.
Some folders on your computer may not be available without administrator privileges, and you must run Windows Explorer as an administrator to resolve this issue.
- Find the folder you do not have access to, right-click on it and select Properties from the menu.
- When the Properties window opens, click the Security tab and then click the Advanced button.
- Now click on the Edit option next to the owner’s name.
- Enter your user name and click Verify Name. If everything is correct, click OK.
- Check the Replace owners of subcontainers and objects and Replace all records about child abuse boxes. Click Apply and OK.
- In the Properties window, check that all groups are present in the list of group or user names. If not, click the Edit button.
- Click on the Add button.
- Enter All and click Check Names. Now click on OK.
To resolve Windows 10 administrator privileges and the Access Denied error message, you may need to change the owner of the folder you are trying to access.
After making these changes, you should be able to access the problematic folder without major problems.
Has access to the destination folder been denied? You can fix it with this guide!
- Press Windows + R and type lusrmgr.msc. Now press Enter or OK.
- Go to the groups on the left. Double-click on Administrators in the right pane.
- When the Properties window opens, click Add.
- Enter the name of the user account, click Check Names, and then click OK.
- Then click Apply and OK to save your changes.
After saving the changes, restart your computer and see if the problem persists.
If administrator privileges are not working in Windows 10, the problem may be that your account has not been added to the Administrators group in Windows.
However, you can also manually add your account to the Administrators group by following the steps above.
If this method seems a bit too long, you can also just add a user to the Administrators group from the command line. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list. If the command line is not available, you can also use PowerShell (Admin).
- Open a command prompt, type the command WindowsReport local group network administrators /add and press Enter. Of course, you must use the real username of the account on your computer.
After running this command, you have added your account to the Administrators group and the problem should be completely resolved.
- Download and run the media creation utility.
- Select the option Update this PC now.
- Make sure you select Download and install updates (recommended) and click Next.
- The required updates will now be downloaded. This process may take some time, so please be patient.
- Follow the instructions until you reach the Ready to Install screen. Choose Change what should be retained.
- Select Save personal files and applications, and then press Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Once the update process is complete, check if the problem persists. If the problem persists after the update, you may need to reset Windows 10 to its default settings and see if that fixes your issue.
If you are experiencing problems with administrator privileges in Windows 10, you may be able to fix the problem with a simple update at the site itself.
In case you didn’t know: The in-place update re-installs Windows 10, but retains all your personal files and applications.
The Access Denied message can cause many problems, but we hope you were able to resolve this issue on your administrator account with one of our solutions.
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
frequently asked questions
How do I solve the Windows 10 Access Denied error?
How to restore administrator rights in Windows 10?
The windows, the forum, everything…
How do I remove access refusal in Windows 10?
how do i delete a file or a…
Feedback,access is denied windows 10cmd access denied even though i am administratori am administrator but don’t have permission windows 10folder access denied windows 10 – you need permission to perform this actionadministrator command prompt access denied windows 10access denied even though i am administrator windows 10,People also search for,administrator command prompt access denied windows 10,access denied even though i am administrator windows 10,windows 7 administrator access denied fix,logged in as administrator but access denied windows 7,access is denied windows 10,cmd access denied even though i am administrator,i am administrator but don’t have permission windows 10,folder access denied windows 10 – you need permission to perform this action