How to solve high ping and latency problems in games?
1. Use a stable VPN solution
WTFast presents itself as a GPN (Game Private Network) and claims to be fundamentally different from other network solutions such as a VPN.
The software uses advanced machine learning to automatically determine the most optimal traffic path for sending files, ensuring a stable and seamless connection everywhere.
Thus WTFast guarantees low ping levels and no lag in games. Through the application’s interface, you can see how and where your data is transferred.
And because it’s designed for gaming, the software is optimized to take advantage of the latest generation of hardware. It should also be noted that this software only affects game traffic.
Let’s see what other important features this tool has to offer:
- Automatic and manual network connections
- Acceleration of game traffic
- Customer service
- Support for custom games
- Network connections with multiple servers
- Server user ports
- Save settings from previous games
Enjoy your game reliably and without delay with WTFast.
2. Disable third-party antivirus/firewall programs
According to users, if you suffer from high latency in games, you can solve the problem by simply disabling the antivirus or firewall.
Sometimes your antivirus software can interfere with the network connection and cause this or another error. Want to check if the firewall is blocking the game or the port? Follow the simple steps in this guide to get familiar with it.
If disabling the antivirus program does not help, you should remove it with a special removal tool. Many antivirus vendors offer tools to uninstall their software. So make sure you download one for your antivirus.
For Norton users, we have a special guide on how to remove it completely from your PC. There is a similar guide for McAffe users.
Also, check out this great list of the best uninstallers you can use right now.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
After uninstalling the antivirus program, check if the problem persists. If not, update your antivirus program or switch to another security solution.
3. Change the way updates are delivered in Windows 10
- Go to Settings > Updates and security.
- Go to Windows Update and click on the Advanced Settings button.
- Click on the Select update transfer method button.
- Disable updates from multiple locations.
In addition to changing the way updates are delivered in Windows 10, you can also disable metered connections to improve latency.
If you set your connection to metered, you can avoid unwanted background load in the following ways
- Take the next route: SettingsNetwork & Internet Wi-Fi Advanced Option
- Find the test port and turn it on.
- If you have done so, it is advisable to return to the uninhibited connection.
If you are having trouble opening the Setup program, read this article to solve the problem.
4. Checking applications in Task Manager
- Start Task Manager with the key combination Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Click Network in the process list to sort the processes by network usage.
- Find the processes that are using your network and stop them. You can also go to the Startup tab and disable these Windows 10 processes.
If you want to know how to add or remove apps to run in Windows 10, check out this simple guide.
On the other hand, if you are unable to open Task Manager in Windows 10, check out this great guide to solve the problem in no time.
5. Change wireless network adapter settings
- Right-click the Wi-Fi icon in the lower-left corner of the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change Adapter Settings on the left.
- Right-click on the wireless connection that is having delay issues and select Properties.
- Click on Configure.
- Then click on the Advanced tab, change the following values, and save the settings:
- 802.11n channel width only for 2.4 GHz connections up to 20 MHz
- Preferred bandwidth up to 2.4 GHz
- Aggressiveness of roaming to 1
- Wireless operation up to 802.11b/g
Some users claim that this problem can also be solved by disabling interrupt-based moderation. To do this, follow the steps above to open the configuration window, find the Interrupt Moderation feature and set it to Off.
After changing the adapter’s configuration, the latency issue should be resolved. Looking for higher speed and lower latency? Take a look at these USB Wi-Fi adapters.
6. Disable location tracking
- Open the Settings application and go to Privacy.
- Click Location in the left pane. Now click on the Edit button.
- Set the location setting of this unit to Off.
Once you disable this feature, your apps will no longer have access to your location and the issues with pins should be resolved.
7. Check your radio signal
In some cases, high latency may occur due to the radio signal. Several users reported that their WLAN signal was too weak, causing this problem.
To solve the problem, users suggest moving the PC closer to the router and see if that solves the problem.
If your computer can’t be placed closer to the router, you’ll need to buy a Wi-Fi extension or use an Ethernet connection instead.
8. Use the netsh command to disable autoconfiguration
- Press the Windows key + X to open the Win + X menu.
- Select the command line (Admin). (If the command line is not available, choose PowerShell (Admin)).
- Enter this command and check if automatic configuration is enabled for your network adapter: netsh wlan show settings
- Do not forget or make a note of your WLAN connection during this step, as you will need it later.
- Now enter the following command and press Enter: netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled= no interface=
The problem should now be completely solved. Remember that your computer is no longer searching for nearby wifi networks in the background.
To connect to a wireless network, you need to open a command prompt as administrator and run: netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface=
This is an advanced workaround, but many users have reported that it works for them, so you may want to try it.
Problems accessing the command line as an administrator? Please read this helpful guide carefully.
9. Amendment of register
- Press Windows + R and type regedit. Press Enter or OK key.
- Not necessary: It is recommended to make a backup before making any changes to the registry. To do this, click the File/Export button.
- Now choose Export field as All and enter the desired file name. Choose a safe location and click Save.
- If something goes wrong after editing the registry, run the file you just created to restore the original state.
- Go to this button in the left pane: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current version/Multimedia/System profile
- In the right pane, double-click NetworkThrottlingIndex DWORD.
- Enter FFFFFFF as the value data and click OK to save the changes.
- Now go to this key and expand it: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/Current/Control/SetServices/TcpipParameters/Interfaces
- Now select the subkey that represents your network connection. In general, the right sub-button is the one with the most information, for example. B. Your IP address, gateway, etc.
- Right-click on the subkey and select New / DWORD value (32 bits).
- Enter TCPackFreqency as a DWORD name.
- Now create another DWORD and give it the name TCPNoDelay.
- Set the data value for both DWORDs to 1.
- Go to the next key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARemicrosoftMSMQ
- Create a new DWORD named TCPNoDelay and set the value to 1.
- Now expand the MSMQ key and choose Settings. If the Parameter button is not available, right click on the MSMQ button and select New / Button and enter Parameter as the name. Under Settings, create a new DWORD named TCPNoDelay and set the value to 1.
Once these changes are in place, the high latency issues will need to be addressed.
If you can’t change your Windows 10 registry, read this handy guide and find the quickest solution to the problem.
And that’s it. Hopefully, at least some of these solutions have helped you solve your Windows 10 ping problem, and you will now have an enjoyable gaming experience.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comments section below.
For more Windows 10 gaming problems, you can read our article on troubleshooting Windows 10 gaming problems.
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
frequently asked questions
Why is my ping so high in games?
we-in’shop 5-cause you ping…
How to solve high ping in games?
The blog is a guide – guide – guide….
How to solve the high latency problem?
high ping in games but good internetping enhancer windows 10 downloadsudden high ping in gameshow to fix high ping windows 10windows 10 lag spikes 2020how to fix ping spikes windows 10,People also search for,Feedback,high ping in games but good internet,ping enhancer windows 10 download,sudden high ping in games,how to fix high ping windows 10,windows 10 lag spikes 2020,how to fix ping spikes windows 10,high ping fix,pingenhancer windows 10 download