Creating a customized Friends List for Facebook
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. You can communicate with your friends, relatives and many others. Most users have many friends and followers on Facebook, including parents, colleagues, family and acquaintances. If you have a status update or post that you want to share only with certain people or friends, you can create custom friend lists on Facebook.
Make a list of all the friends you want. This feature allows you to publish updates only to specific people. Select a list of friends to see the posts in my News Feed that come only from those friends or users.
Read: Disabling OFF-Facebook activity on mobile apps and websites
Creating a custom Facebook friends list
If you want to create a personalized Facebook friends list, you can only use Facebook on the web or desktop and not the Facebook smartphone applications. Let’s take a look at how to create custom friend lists and how to create them in the following steps:
Read: Why is the Facebook dating feature not working and how can I fix it?
To see your friends list
We’ll show you how to see your Facebook friends list. These are the next steps.
- Open a web browser on your desktop computer.
- Log in to your Facebook account with your login details.
- Select Show more information from the left menu bar,
- Scroll down and select Friends lists.
- By default, Facebook offers you three main lists: Acquaintances, close friends and limitations.
- Direct access to Facebook>Bookmarks/Friends list.
Select buddy list option
Touch the Show details option.
Read: Sending an Instagram message to a Facebook friend
Create a friends list for a new user
You can now create a new friends list by following these steps.
- On the Create a list page, click the Friends lists page.
- Name your list, start typing the names of the friends you want to add to the following list
- Name your list and start typing the names of the friends you want to add to it. (Facebook automatically invites your friends to add you when you start typing their names).
- Once you’ve added friends to your list, click Create. This list will now be added to your friends list.
Click Create a list with the plus icon.
Creating a new list
Tip: Go to the top of the News Feed, select Manage List to edit, rename or delete the list.
Read: How to find secret messages in your hidden Facebook inbox.
Adding a friend to an existing friends list
Adding a friend to an existing friends list is quick and easy. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to anywhere on Facebook and hover over the thumbnail of a profile picture or a friend’s name. This is a mini profile view for the user.
- Tap the Friend icon, and then tap Edit Friends List.
- Now select the list to which you want to add the friend.
Go to Facebook profile and click on Friends up.
Click on the three dots next to the friend’s name
Select the Edit Friends List menu item.
Select the desired check box.
Read: To find your Facebook message history
Delete a friend from your friends list
To delete a friend or remove them from your friend list, do the following:
- Hover your mouse over the Friends button in the profile or mini profile view,
- Now select the list from which you want to remove it.
Important Notice: Friends lists are for your use only; friends will not be notified when they are removed from or added to a user’s friends list.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions from different people that may be of interest to you.
Create a custom Facebook privacy list
Follow the steps below to create a new list: See your friends on the left side of the Facebook News Feed. Move the cursor to Friends and select More. Click the Create List button. Enter a name for your list and the names of the friends you want to add. Remember that you can add or remove friends from your lists at any time. Click on the Create option.
Editing a user’s Facebook application friends list
If you are using the Facebook application and want to edit your Friends list, follow the instructions:
- Open your Facebook mobile application
- Select your profile picture from the top left.
- Scroll down and tap the Show all friends option.
- Now click on your friend’s profile picture to open it.
- Select the three dots at the bottom right of the title.
- Click on the Friends option under Profile Settings at the top.
- Then click the Edit Friends List button that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, in the Edit Friends List section, select the name of the list you want.
frequently asked questions
How do I edit a specific friends list on Facebook?
Can friends see user lists on Facebook?
Matter of community support.
facebook create friends listfacebook friends listcustom friend list facebook apphow to separate friends on facebookhow to create friends list on facebook mobile app 2020how to edit friends list on facebook mobile,People also search for,Feedback,facebook create friends list,how to create friends list on facebook mobile app 2020,facebook friends list,how to edit friends list on facebook mobile,custom friend list facebook app,how to separate friends on facebook,how to create friends list on facebook iphone app,how to edit friends list on facebook mobile app iphone