Let’s quickly review its main features:
- Extensive analysis and removal functions
- Protection against viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spam, spyware, identity theft, hacking, phishing, fraud and social engineering.
- Lightweight and extremely fast
- Live chat support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
ESET Smart Security
Change your antivirus for a really efficient and lightweight solution that won’t hinder your VPN.
- Start Kaspersky, go to Settings, select More, click on Network and then turn off Do not scan encrypted connections.
- Start Kaspersky, go to Settings, select Tools, click on Network, and then disable Script Injection in web traffic to interact with web pages.
- Open Kaspersky, go to Settings, select Protection, click on Web Antivirus Settings, then select Advanced Settings and disable automatic activation of the Kaspersky Protection extension in browsers.
- Before you do this, we recommend that you remove the browser extension.
Some experienced users have recommended disabling certain options to make the VPN work. One of the options that seems to disrupt VPN connectivity is the analysis of encrypted connections.
Disabling the option Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages and the option Automatically enable the Kaspersky Protection extension in browsers can also be useful.
If you are not sure how to proceed, we have given the steps for all 3 options above.
First, make sure you have the latest patch from Kaspersky. If so, upgrading/downgrading seems to be applicable.
Also, it seems that the version that broke the VPN was Kaspersky 2017. Change the version of the antivirus, either by upgrading it or downgrading it at the same time.
If you have a license key, you can install almost any version of Kaspersky, keep this in mind.
The most important thing is to ignore the update prompts (Settings > Tools >Update, and uncheck the option to download new versions).
To do this, you need to keep the license key and uninstall the current version of Kaspersky.
Then surf to the official website and download the version that seems functional to you. If you rely on a VPN daily, you should probably consider this option.
The VPN involved may have its share of responsibility, even if Kaspersky is the main culprit. Pending resolution, some users have indeed manipulated the TAP adapter and its driver.
For some reason they had a much better connection after removing the drivers. The TAP adapter is an essential part of a VPN, so the connection is obvious.
Due to the obvious differences with each system (no two PCs are configured identically), we cannot say for sure if this is a permanent solution. Still, it’s worth a try.
- In the Windows search bar, type Control and open Control Panel from the list of results.
- In the category view, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Right click on your VPN solution and uninstall it.
- Use IObit Uninstaller Pro (suggested) or any other third-party uninstaller to clean up all remaining files and registry entries that VPN has created.
- Restart your PC.
- Download the latest version of the VPN of your choice and install it.
Finally, you can try reinstalling the relevant VPN. Doing so requires the application itself (VPN client) to reopen the system shell.
And maybe the problem won’t persist after that. We recommend using a third-party uninstaller to clean up any remaining files and registry entries.
If you’re still facing antivirus compatibility with your VPN, you can check out our list of the best antiviruses that work best with VPNs.
Our solutions offered ways to disable Kaspersky and re-enable the VPN. If you have any questions or suggestions about the inability of the VPN to work in conjunction with Kaspersky Antivirus, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
frequently asked questions
Does Kaspersky block VPNs?
If your Kaspersky antivirus blocks VPN, you can’t hide your identity online. … Whitelisting your VPN in the antivirus settings should work. Another solution is to replace your antivirus with a more user-friendly solution.
How can I enable VPN on Kaspersky?
KSDE ‘ Mac2.6 ‘ en-US
How can I prevent Kaspersky from blocking my downloads?
KESWin ‘ and-US
is nordvpn compatible with kaspersky,does kaspersky offer vpn,kaspersky vpn,does nord vpn work with kaspersky,bitdefender blocking nordvpn,how does kaspersky vpn work,Feedback,kaspersky vpn uae,kaspersky vpn no internet connection