As time passes by, Microsoft has been regularly releasing new builds of Windows 10 to the general public, but to those who don’t want to wait for the rollout, there is the Windows Insider program. This program allows you to download the latest Windows 10 builds from various stages and provide feedback (constructive criticism) on bugs, issues, etc. The Windows 10 Build 21376 was released earlier today for Windows Insiders running the Windows 10 build from the Fast Ring (Neutral).
Windows 10 Build 21376 was released in the Windows 10 Development Channel for Insiders. The build is available to those on the Fast, Slow and Release Preview rings, and it includes a new Segoe Font.
Microsoft today released a new Insider build for those who have set up their Windows 10 devices to receive Dev Channel updates. Insiders will receive version 21376, which includes an updated Segoe UI font and a number of fixes.
What’s new in version 21376
Police Segoe UI update
Microsoft introduces the variable user interface Segoe, which includes an optical axis so that the outlines of fonts fit smoothly on small and large screens. Segoe UI Variable is an updated version of the classic Segoe, with improved readability for small sizes and a greatly improved outline for screen sizes.
In the past, fonts for printing small text were designed differently than fonts for printing large text on a screen. Segoe UI was originally designed for a font size of 9 pt, which makes it an excellent font for that size, but limits expressiveness in larger sizes and lacks readability in even smaller sizes. Segoe UI Variable solves this problem with a new version of Segoe that uses variable font technology to dynamically provide excellent readability at very small sizes and style at larger sizes.
Note to self: Although the Segoe UI variable is included in the operating system, its introduction to all visual interfaces is underway and will spread gradually over time. This means that not all visual interfaces use the new font yet.
Changes and improvements
- To continue using Auto HDR, go to Settings > Display > HDR Settings and make sure Auto HDR is set to On.
- We’ve made some minor updates to improve the default cursor design for drag and drop scenarios like drag and drop in Outlook.
- We are updating the Connect app icon to bring it in line with other recent iconographic improvements.
- Based on feedback received, we have made minor changes to the sorting of symbols in the symbols section of the emoji panel.
- We are updating the font Segoe UI Historic to add support for the Bamum Unicode area.
- News and Features] We fixed an issue where news and features were opening on mouseover, not just when the mouse was stationary.
- News & Features] We fixed an issue where the taskbar button no longer hangs at a smaller size when the taskbar height is increased from the default.
- News and Interest] We have made some improvements to the reliability and performance of explorer.exe, especially when using a remote desktop connection.
- We have resolved an issue where WSL users experienced reduced performance when using File Explorer and other file-related activities after upgrading to version 21354 and later.
- We have fixed an issue where Pinyin IME users could not select items in the candidate window using the keyboard.
- We’ve fixed an issue where text linked to Windows Spotlight in recent versions was unexpectedly no longer displaying on the lock screen.
- We fixed an issue that affected responsiveness when switching from Start to Search in Recent Flights (like when you press the Windows key and type).
- We have fixed an issue where the Search with Screen Shot button in the Search section was not working.
- We fixed an issue where Insiders could see pseudo-local text on the Windows Update page in Settings.
- We’ve fixed an issue that was causing the wrong Edge Canary icon to appear on the Startup Applications page in Settings.
- We have fixed an issue that was causing the Meaning of Storage page in Settings to not work for some users.
- We have fixed an issue where some hard drives were incorrectly displayed as SSDs in the Disk and Volume Manager in the preferences.
- We fixed an issue that could cause explorer.exe to freeze after logging in if you had a large number of browser tabs displayed with ALT + Tab.
- Fixed a rendering issue when displaying acrylic surfaces in the magnifying glass.
- We fixed a problem that was affecting the reliability of the night lighting on recent flights.
- We have fixed an issue where the dual boot delay timer was set to 0 after an update.
- Fixed an issue where some instances of the Windows Subsystem for Linux would not start with the message Parameter is incorrect.
- Working with our partners, we have created and distributed a patch for an issue where updates were crashing due to a driver compatibility issue. If you experience problems, make sure you are using the latest drivers from your manufacturer.
- We have fixed an issue where the Windows Update icon would unexpectedly not appear in the system tray when an update was ready to be restarted.
- We fixed an issue that caused applications to crash after pressing ALT + Shift.
- We’ve fixed an issue that could cause some applications to crash when you focus on the search box in the Open or Save dialog.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows terminal could unexpectedly generate the error message Cannot find selected font at startup.
- We have fixed an issue that caused audio playback to fail when using the new Unified Audio endpoint.
- We fixed an issue with the precision touchpad that could interfere with cursor control if your palm lightly touched the other side of the touchpad.
- We fixed an issue where the precision touchpad would sometimes scroll unexpectedly in the wrong direction.
- We fixed an issue that was causing the black cat emoji to not display properly in DirectWrite controls.
- We fixed an issue where unformatted text could appear very small on a high DPI screen when typing with the IME and Task Manager or other applications running.
- We fixed an issue where some elements of the Japanese IME candidate window could be unexpectedly cut off after zooming in on the text.
- We have fixed an issue where the F10 function did not work when you upgrade to a previous version of Japanese EMI.
- Fixed an issue where the touch keyboard unexpectedly displayed blank keys when using Bopomofo IME with a full keyboard layout.
- Currently, the Windows Camera application does not respect the default brightness settings set on the new camera settings page.
- We are currently investigating an issue that causes search items (including the file explorer search bar) to no longer display correctly in a dark theme.
- We are working to fix an issue that can cause a status bar warning to appear on some devices after upgrading to this version, indicating that your version of Windows 10 has reached the end of its life.
- We are investigating an issue that can sometimes cause a pop-up window to appear after clicking the taskbar button in the upper left corner of the screen.
Please support us.
Winaero is really counting on your support. You can help the site continue to provide you with interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
By Sergey Tkachenko on 6. May 2021 in Windows 10.
About Sergei Tkachenko
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software developer who founded Winaero in 2011. In this blog Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows and popular software. Follow him on Telegram, Twitter and YouTube.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about windows 10 insider preview 21292.1000 rs_prerelease and let us know what you think.
windows 10 21h2 insiderwindows 10 build 21301windows 10 insider preview 21322.1000 rs_prereleasewindows 10 insider preview 21h1windows 10 insider preview 21318.1000 rs_prereleasewindows 10 insider preview 21337.1000 rs_prerelease,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows 10 21h2 insider,windows 10 insider preview 21318.1000 rs_prerelease,windows 10 insider preview 21337.1000 rs_prerelease,windows 10 insider preview 21292.1000 rs_prerelease,windows 10 insider preview 21332.1000 rs_prerelease,windows 10 build 21301,windows 10 insider preview 21322.1000 rs_prerelease,windows 10 insider preview 21h1